Remember...

I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.
Proverbs 8:23

Thursday, April 15, 2010

You’re the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly...

I have to write an ethnography for my "Qualitative Research Methods" class. The subject that I have chosen to study is the "Star Trek Fan Culture" - people who are known to most as 'Trekkies'. I also hope to be able to gather information from William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Wil Wheaton, Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg. Including them, of course, hinges on whether or not they are willing to "play along". I am fully prepared to beg for their involvement if necessary. My professor is terribly jealous of the possible involvement of Misters Shatner and Nimoy thus making my hope of their involvement all the more potent.

I have a feeling that this project will be of the up most interest to many. Why? Because there is not a person who walks this earth who is not intrigued by 'Trekkies'. They are, I feel, misconstrued as people who have no life or are purely dorks, nerds and losers in the same way that LARPers are. It's not fair. It's not right.
Anyhow, tomorrow I have to create my set of questions for the project. Actually two sets, one for the actors and one for the fans, again, assuming the actors are willing to participate.

**UPDATE** I eventually changed the topic to "Vampire Fan Culture: Who Has the Biggest Fangs?".


Anyhow, only:
191 days until my Birthday,
224 days until Thanksgiving and
254 days until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DO NOT post anything rude or obscene. Doing so will be grounds for deletion.